Wednesday, March 18, 2009

05 - Time To Heal - A New Era

Peace

Each week for the next 16 I'm going to share with you the lyrics to Cochlea - One Last Letta.

It's real interesting how each week brings with it unique events with a special relevance to my new album.

With the Campaign for Healing doing the Prayer Day this Friday at Freedom Park in Pretoria, it's only right I share these lyrics with you.The event starts around 1700 and is open to all.

See you guys there.


Time To Heal – A New Era feat Pedro of 340ml

Chino chikamu chitsva (This Is A New Era)
Chikamu cherudo (The Era Of Love)
Chino chikamu chitsva (This Is A New Era)
Chikamu chekuyanana nokubatana (The Era of Oneness and Unity)
Chino chikamu chitsva (This Is A New Era)
Chikamu chekuphedza marwadzo (The Era of Healing)

VERSE 1
While you push this way, I push that
While you’re pushing forward, man, I push back
You go up, I go down; you’re west, I’m east
You’re apple, I’m orange; you’re pear I’m peach
We’re taught to see an opposite as that we oppose
And not a Balance Counterpoint; the path that we chose
Is full of so much hurting and shame
Trapped in a cycle of misery; a circular pain
Instead of an eye for an eye it’s time to see eye to eye
So we can see the wrong, realize the lie
And live the Truth; both you and I align
We need to choose to redefine the times
This is the age where the rift is erased
We connect and engage to uplift and to raise
This is it! Let the waves of change sweep the shore
And heal the sores so we can weep no more

CHORUS
If you let I
I will dry out all your tears
If you let I
I will chase away your fears
If you let I
I will show you why we’re here
Time to Heal; Time to Heal


VERSE 2
See, ignorance is like a fertilizer for fear
Cultivating misconception, certifying for years
The notion that essentially, we’re different
Separate but equal; tell me that you see the inference
There’s no ‘Border Lines’; there’s no ‘Yours’ and ‘Mine’
There’s just ‘Us’! What could be more divine?
Science has fortified this, they sing the tune too
Quantum Convergence? We call it ‘Ubuntu’!

CHORUS


PEDRO
I see common sense in the common senses
Tear down the wire fences
Lead with the good intentions
Lead with social intervention
A new dawn; a new day
A New Life; a New Way
A time to make a contribution
Time to make a change

CHORUS

VERSE3
So
No more damages
No more bandages
It’s time we see just how connected our planet is
And understand it is only if we Love
You and I can be just ‘YOU’ or I’ and rise above
Stitch away the gash
Let’s embrace the scab
That announces that the wounds are in the past
This is the final chapter of our history
A unified Africa FREE! Officially!

CHORUS

No comments: